This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 4th October 2008 October 6, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. After any general news there are two sections. The first section – “Features and bug fixes”, contains prominent new functionality and bug fixes visible to users of OpenSim. The numbers in brackets in this section are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
The second section contains information about the infrastructure changes happening within the project. This is going to be a little more impressionistic than the features/bug fixes list, but hopefully it will give a picture of how OpenSim is evolving from week to week.
This week in OpenSim ( r6543 – r6677 )
- As of r6668 the problems with the latest 1.20.16 security fix viewer discussed last week have now been resolved. Teravus Ousley and Homer Horwitz implemented the necessary EventQueueGet functionality to make the latest viewer work.
- There is still no resolution on the use of OpenSim OS* LSL functions in scripts within the latest Linden 1.21 release candidate viewer. If you would like to see this resolved, please vote for JIRA-9332
Features & bug fixes
- idb contributed a patch to implement the “Teleport Home All Users…” button in the Region tab of the Region/Estate dialog on the Linden viewer (r6562).
- Strawberry Fride and Ruud Lathorp contributed code to bring MSSQL database plugin functionality up to the same level as MySQL (r6583).
- Melanie made a fix so that scripts now start automatically again when loaded from region archives (r6594).
- Melanie and Sacha Magne implemented the ability to restrict logins to only those above a certain god level. This is only currently implemented in grid mode only, there is no standalone implementation yet (r6622).
- I fixed a bug in the client stack where packets marked as reliable were being resent without OpenSim waiting the configured amount of time for a reply (r6606).
- Homer Horwitz implemented llMapDestination() (r6620).
- Godfrey contributed a patch that improves our implementation of llParseString2List(). See Mantis 2307 for more details (r6630).
- idb contributed a patch that implements Material persistence for prims. Melanie and sdague made some further changes and fixes for this (r6637).
- Melanie made temp on rez objects actually expire and remove themselves from the database (r6643).
- Melanie stopped objects being duplicated to inventory on detach and the repositioning of attachments during editing (r6654).
- Homer Horwitz implemented region search. This should allow the region search box to work correctly on the World Map in the Linden client (r6655).
- Melanie implemented the drop pie menu item for attachments (r6656).
- cmickeyb contributed a patch that fixes some problems when exceptions were thrown after calling llDIe() (r6672).
- Homer Horwitz fixed touch events in non-default states in LSL on the DotNetEngine scripting engine (r6677).
- Teravus finished the replacement of our old homebrewed http listener code with the OSHttpServer code that Dr Scofield has been working on (which uses an external library).
- sdague continued to work on unit tests as the database layer.
- Melanie worked on improving the data snapshot module, which saves search information about a region.