This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 20th September 2008 September 22, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. After any general news there are two sections. The first section – “Features and bug fixes”, contains prominent new functionality and bug fixes visible to users of OpenSim. The numbers in brackets in this section are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
The second section contains information about the infrastructure changes happening within the project. This is going to be a little more impressionistic than the features/bug fixes list, but hopefully it will give a picture of how OpenSim is evolving from week to week.
This week in OpenSim ( r6291 – r6397 )
Features & bug fixes
- Ruud Lathrop contributed a patch that filled in the functionality missing in the MSSQL database plugin. This includes the automatic sql migration facility, attachment persistence and friend list storage (r6295).
- Teravus improved SSL support in OpenSim. This includes https support for capabilities (r6337).
- Mike Pitman contributed improvements to the terrain smoothing and flattening tools. This means that these tools should no longer cause terrain spikes (r6318).
- Tyre contributed a patch that implements an osTeleportAgent() function. This allows direct teleportation of an avatar, inspired by the Second Life jira SVC-212 (r6306).
- I added a “reset user password” command to the region console (in standalone mode) and the user grid service console (in grid mode). This allows user passwords to be reset (r6313).
- Melanie added a ‘threat level’ to each os function (these are like ll functions but are only implement by OpenSim). Each function has a threat level ranging from ‘None’ to ‘Severe’ and so is disabled or enabled depending on a configuration option in OpenSim.ini (r6317).
- nlin contributed a patch that fixes llListFindList() in DotNetEngine (XEngine did not have this bug) (r6320).
- I made a change such that if an individual scene object causes an exception whilst being persisted to the database, this is dealt with without crashing the sim or stopping other objects persisting (r6323).
- Y. Nitta contributed a patch that fixed a bug in llGround() (r6325)
- Y. Nitta contributed a patch that implements llBreakLink() and llBreakAllLinks() (r6327).
- Y. Nitta contributed a patch that implements llGetAgentSize() (r6328).
- jonc contributed a patch that stores the logout position if using the SQLite database (r6331).
- nlin contributed a patch that fixes llDetectedGroup() and implements llSameGroup() (r6335).
- Y. Nitta contributed a patch that implements llRequestAgentData() in the DotNetEngine scripting engine (r6336).
- Homer Horwitz added look at persistence (which gets used on user login) to the SQLite database (r6339).
- Melanie fixed llTakeControls() in the XEngine scripting engine (r6340)
- Melanie fixed the ALL_SIDES constant for llSetColor(), llSetTexture(), llSetAlpha(), llSetPrimitiveParams() and llGetPrimitiveParams() in the XEngine scripting engine (r6345).
- nlin contributed a patch that stop llRezObject() from rezzing physical prims twice (r6347).
- Dr Scofield added functionality to delete a region completely from the console (via the delete-region command) or via the remote admin plugin (r6350).
- Dr Scofield added a REST interface for setting avatar appearance (r6352).
- Robert Smart contributed a patch that implements an osParseJSON() scripting function. This allows a string containing data in JSON format to be parsed into a hash table (r6355).
- M. Igarashi contributed a patch to improve/fix the implementation of llGetNumberOfNotecardLines() and llGetNotecardLine() on the DotNetEngine scripting engine (this was already working on XEngine). Homer subsequently made further fixes to these functions (r6390).
- Melanie fixed llParcelMedia() for XEngine (r6365).
- I made a change such that a region (in both standalone and grid modes) will only now allow logins once it has completed startup (this does not include starting the scripts). This may stop some odd behaviour when a client managed to login before startup was fully complete (r6378).
- Teravus updated the Open Grid Protocol module to support OGP draft 3 (r6383).
- Melanie fixed llGetListEntryType() in XEngine (r6388).
- sdague worked on improving our unit test infrastructure.
- sdague and homerh worked on unit tests for OpenSim’s database layer.