This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 13th September 2008 September 15, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. After any general news there are two sections. The first section – “Features and bug fixes”, contains prominent new functionality and bug fixes visible to users of OpenSim. The numbers in brackets in this section are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
The second section contains information about the infrastructure changes happening within the project. This is going to be a little more impressionistic than the features/bug fixes list, but hopefully it will give a picture of how OpenSim is evolving from week to week.
This week in OpenSim ( r6161 – r6290 )
- OpenSim trunk now appears to be pretty much back to its normal level of stability after the integration of the large libOMV types library patch talked about last week.
Features & bug fixes
- Adam Frisby implemented experimental versions of llGroundSlope, llGroundNormal and llGroundContour (r6174).
- ckrinke implemented llSetSoundRadius (r6173).
- Melanie implemented persistence of floating text, rotation, texture animation and particle system settings in the XEngine scripting engine and MySQL (though largely not in DotNetEngine and SQLite) (r6177).
- Melanie fixed a bug where sit targets for a prim were upside down until the script was reset (r6185).
- Melanie implemented showing the prim pie actions touch, pay, etc. correctly when using the XEngine scripting engine (r6190).
- Melanie fixed a bug so that the link numbers are preserved on items taken into inventory and then re-rezzed (r6197).
- Teravus upgraded the Open Grid Protocol (OGP) module to support both revisions 2 and 3 (r6238).
- nlin contributed a patch that implements persistence of the “when left clicked” prim edit dialog property (r6262).
- sdague and Mikem worked on improving our unit test infrastructure.
- sdague worked on unit tests for the SQLite db engine.
- cmickeyb made improvements and bug fixes to the inventory code. Hopefully this should help fix some of recent inventory issues that we’ve been seeing.