This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 23rd August 2008 August 25, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. After any general news there are two sections. The first section – “Features and bug fixes”, contains prominent new functionality and bug fixes visible to users of OpenSim. The numbers in brackets in this section are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
The second section contains information about the infrastructure changes happening within the project. This is going to be a little more impressionistic than the features/bug fixes list, but hopefully it will give a picture of how OpenSim is evolving from week to week.
This week in OpenSim ( r5890 – r5958 )
Features & bug fixes
- Teravus and patches from Homer Horwitz significantly improved the map tile image generation in the MapImage Module. He also made this module the one used by default if it’s present instead of the older code in OpenSim’s core (r5898).
- Bluewall contributed a patch that adds handling for PRIM_PHYSICS and PRIM_PHANTOM in llSetPrimitiveParams() (r5898).
- Melanie added avatar attachment persistence. This is currently only currently full implemented for the MySQL database plugin. Persistence will not work with a grid user server before this revision. Attachment persistence on teleport is still problematic (r5935).
- nlin contributed a partial llCreateLink() implementation. Currently, attempts to link an avatar with an object will fail (I’m not sure what the LSL behaviour is here) and attached objects cannot be linked (r5932).
- Sacha Magne contributed a patch which is the first step towards gesture persistence. This is not functional as of yet (r5935).
- jonc contributed a patch that makes the local login service send the avatar’s last position co-ordinates in the login response. This should mean that the login at last position option should now work on standalone OpenSim configurations (r5942).
- Salazhar contributed a patch that adds llGetNumberOfSides() (r5954).