This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 19th July 2008 July 21, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. After any general news there are two sections. The first section – “Features and bug fixes”, contains prominent new functionality and bug fixes visible to users of OpenSim. The numbers in brackets in this section are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
The second section contains information about the infrastructure changes happening within the project. This is going to be a little more impressionistic than the features/bug fixes list, but hopefully it will give a picture of how OpenSim is evolving from week to week.
This week in OpenSim ( r5452 – r5555 )
Features & bug fixes
- Salahzar contribute a patch that enables the recent items tab in avatar inventory for items created after this revision (r5454).
- Melanie changed estate settings so that individual estates can have different settings that are stored in the database, rather than forcing every estate to use the settings in bin/estate_settings.xml, as was previously the case. There may be some small issues remaining – please report these bug if you come across them (r5555).
- I made an OpenSim archiving utility available on a highly experimental basis. Invoking save-oar from the region console will save the prim xml and the prim assets (displayed textures and contained inventory items) to a single file, while load-oar will load that file and restore an entire region. In other words, this does the same job as load-xml2/save-xml2 except that assets are also saved and restored. See this wiki page for more details. I will be continuing work on this over the coming weeks, there are still bugs to be ironed out and features to be added (r5469).
- I exposed the statistics seen in a client on the region console via the ‘show stats’ command. This may be helpful to determine if a region has frozen because of a high load, so no longer allowing avatars to log in (r5479).
- mikem fixed mantis 1582 so that long script compile errors are now properly passed to the viewer’s debug console (r5483).
- matth contributed a patch that allows the use of +, -, /, * LSL operators on an LSL float and an integer literal (r5487).
- StrawberryFride contributed a patch that fixes many connection handles issues in the MSSQL database adapter (r5503).
- matth contributed a patch that contains a better implementation of llEuler2Rot (r5513).
- Junta_Kohime contributed a patch that implements normalization in lRot2Fwd, llRot2Left and llRot2Up (r5547).
- Junta_Kohime contributed a patch that implements llAxes2Rot (r5554).
- jenni suggested a fix which may resolve problems that occurred if jaw angle was changed when avatar editing (r5533).
- I fixed llGetLinkNumber() to return 0 rather than 1 if the prim is not linked (r5534).
- Dr Schofield fixed a bug that was causing various parsing errors (such as mantis 1771 and mantis 1748 ) on systems that were not set to the en_US locale (r5537).
- Melanie Milland improved link/delink so that prims retain consistent link numbering while in world. Link numbers will still change if the object is taken and re-rezzed (r5551).
- Dr Schofield continued work on writing infrastructure to replace our home brewed HTTP code with classes based on a third party library.
- sdague continued work on adding an NHibernate database interaction layer.
- Sempuki started to contribute code to clean up our module system.