This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 12th July 2008 July 13, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. After any general news there are two sections. The first section – “Features and bug fixes”, contains prominent new functionality and bug fixes visible to users of OpenSim. The numbers in brackets in this section are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
The second section contains information about the infrastructure changes happening within the project. This is going to be a little more impressionistic than the features/bug fixes list, but hopefully it will give a picture of how OpenSim is evolving from week to week.
This week in OpenSim ( r5345 – r5451 )
Features & bug fixes
- Adam Zaius made scene object deletions execute on a separate thread instead of the main client thread. This means that the client should no longer freeze when many objects are deleted (r5353).
- Matth contributed a patch to fix a problem setting SCULPT_TYPE in llSetPrimitiveParams() (r5347).
- Dahlia made various fixes for sphere dimple and box and cylinder path cuts (r5360).
- mjm contributed a patch to implement llRemoveInventory() (r5399).
- Melanie Milland contributed a patch so that locked prims no longer allow any avatar to deposit scripts in them (r5401).
- Matth contributed a patch to fix LSLInteger + literal operations to properly result in another LSLInteger. Also fixed for -, *, / operators (r5404).
- Melanie Milland contributed a patch to limit maximum prim sizes to 65536m per side for non-physics prims and 10m per side for physical prims (r5405).
- jonc contributed a patch to fix problems altering estate settings on configurations with a locale other than en_US (r5415).
- jonc contributed a patch to fix issues setting the water height in estate settings (r5415).
- Dahlia made a change such that small physical prims now get a full mesh instead of a simplified one (r5247).
- Dahlia fixed various physics logic bugs and adopted more conservative mesh algorithms to recover memory and prevent possible crashes (r5427).
- phreach contributed a patch to implement llGetCameraPos() (r5431).
- nlin contributed a patch to fix incorrect sitting apperance for single prims with a sit target (r5432).
- I continued to work on an OpenSim object and region archiving utility.
- Dr Schofield continued work on writing infrastructure to replace our home brewed HTTP code with classes based on a third party library.
- Mikem contributed work on an LSL parser to replace our current regex oriented LSL -> C# translation methods.
- Sempuki started to contribute code to clean up the module system.