This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 28th June 2008 June 29, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. After any general news there are two sections. The first section – “Features and bug fixes”, contains prominent new functionality and bug fixes visible to users of OpenSim. The numbers in brackets in this section are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
The second section contains information about the infrastructure changes happening within the project. This is going to be a little more impressionistic than the features/bug fixes list, but hopefully it will give a picture of how OpenSim is evolving from week to week.
This week in OpenSim ( r5177 – r5275 )
- We seem to have entered a period of instability after r5251 with object rezzing and inventory problems. r5281 may be considerably better – you may want to skip the revisions inbetween these two points if you are following the cutting edge source tree.
Features & bug fixes
- Dahlia added an experimental ‘kick user‘ command to the region console, which allows someone with console access to log off a user by name if they are in that region (r5183).
- Nebadon contributed a patch that stops terrains loaded in some formats (png, jpg, bmp) from being rotated 180 degrees (r5188).
- Matth and Melanie Milland contributed patches to partially implement llGiveInventory() (r5231).
- Lulurun contributed a patch to fix the storage of sculpted prims (r5202).
- Melanie Milland contributed a patch to add llGiveInventoryList() (r5217).
- Melanie Milland contributed code to implement the on_rez LSL event. This patch also implements equailty on the integer and float types (r5266).
- I continued to work on an OpenSim object and region archiving utility.
- I started a process to eliminate inventory type information from the asset database. This information is contained in the inventory database tables anyway, and eliminating it from the asset database should make asset manipulation easier.
- sdague continued work on NHibernate.
- Melanie started work on refactoring LSL functionality out of the alternative XEngine scripting engine, in order to eliminate LSL code duplication.
- Dr Schofield continued work on writing infrastructure to replace our home brewed HTTP code with classes based on a third party library.
- Dr Schofield did a big compilation warnings clean up.
- MW started to work on a facility to allow multiple inventory services for avatars.