This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 14th June 2008 June 16, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. The changes picked out are prominent user visible changes – most refactoring and stability revision are left out, unless they’re of particular interest. The numbers in brackets are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
This week in OpenSim ( r5042 – r5109 )
- Teravus Ousley made fixes to llDetected* methods and implement collision reporting for scripts in the DotNetEngine scripting engine (r5048).
- mikem constributed a patch which implements supporting for adding strings, integers or floats onto an LSL list (r5049).
- Kyle and Chris contributed a patch for MSSQL inventory items table creation (r5051).
- Teravus Ousley implemented copy selection, including copy centers and copy rotates (r5059).
- I added a ‘show info’ command to all servers. In addition to the existing version information, this will print out the path from which the server was started (r5071).
- Boscata contributed MSSQL support for the current inventory server and avatar appearance (r4077).
- Teravus Ousley implemented supported for showing prims on the mainmap. This requires a change in region xml files. For xml on the filesystem, the changes will be performed automatically. For xml being loaded via http, these changes will have to be performed manually. Please hop on IRC it you need help on this – I’m not sure if the necessary changes have been wikified yet (r5108).