This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 7th June 2008 June 8, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. The changes picked out are user visible changes – most refactoring and stability revision are left out, unless they’re of particular interest. The numbers in brackets are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
This week in OpenSim ( r4923 – r5041 )
- Teravus Ousley made a permissions change which may resolve some recent IM and inventory transfer bugs (r4942).
- Dahlia contributed a patch to fix prism physical meshes and add path start and end to circular path prim meshes (r4950).
- Teravus Ousley added grid wide instant messaging and grid wide presence updates. If you want to activate this functionality you will need to startup the new Messaging Server in addition to the current UGAI servers (r4960).
- Dahlia contribute a patch containing fixes for the the default hollow shape of the torus physical mesh, and for the orientation of taper effects for it. (r4965).
- I added the ‘show version‘ command to all the OpenSim servers. This command tells you the current version of OpenSim running, and the SVN revision number if available (r4959).
- I added information in OpenSim.ini.example on the settings required to load region information from an url rather than a file. Many thanks to Olish Newman (who runs The New World grid) for conducting some research on this, and for adding documentation to the opensim.ini page on the wiki (r4964).
- Dahlia contributed a patch to implement x and y top shear parameter adjustments for the torus prim physical mesh (r4982).
- Melanie Milland contributed a patch to hook up on the LSL on_rez event (r4987).
- I made a change which means that if a client thread fails to handle an exception, this exception no longer brings down the region. The client session will still fail, but the region server should keep on going. We also attempt to notify the client of the situation and cleanup the remains of the session (r4999). Thanks also to mikem for spotting and removing the exception I deliberate inserted in the code (and forgot to take out!) to test this (r5008).
- mikem contributed a patch which fixes casting between strings and floats in LSL (r5016).
- Boscata contributed a patch which fixes inventory item storage in the MSSQL database plugin (r5007).
- cmickeyb contributed a patch which stops exceptions being thrown when LSL scripts attempt to use XMLRPC communication while the region is still starting up (r5015).
- Kyle and Chris from G2 contributed a patch which stores more inventory item parameters in MSSQL (r5018).
- Teravus Ousley fixed the use of the scale object properties with regards to physics engines (r5022).
- Teravus Ousley added PRIM_FLEXIBLE support to llSetPrimitiveParams() (r5033).
- Teravus Ousley added PRIM_POINT_LIGHT support to llSetPrimitiveParams() (r5032).
- mingchen added a fix for land exceptions thrown when shift copying prims (r5039).