This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 31st May 2008 June 1, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. The changes picked out are user visible changes – most refactoring and stability revision are left out, unless they’re of particular interest. The numbers in brackets are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
So, this week in OpenSim ( r4829 – r4922 )
- Teravus Ousley added top colliders information when using ODE. You can access this via the Debug tab on the Region/Estate dialog in the Linden client (r4836).
- Tiffany contributed a patch to resolve a recent problem with persisting prims when they had been copied using the shift copy method (r4838).
- Xantor contributed a patch such that for a particular script, the script engine now only compiles the code once in a particular session, reusing that code every time the script is deployed. This does not yet extend over region server restarts (r4839).
- Teravus Ousley added a top scripts display. This is only roughly accurate, but may still be helpful. This can be accessed via the Debug tab on the Region/Estate dialog in the Linden client (r4907).
- Xantor contributed a patch which means that the region server no longer requests an asset multiple times if the asset service hasn’t yet responded to the first request (r4860).
- Melanie Milland contributed a patch which means that prim inventory items should no longer become invalid if they are renamed (r4877).
- Xantor contributed a patch to improve llLoopSound(), llStartSound() and llStopSound() (r4919).
- Sean Dague contributed a patch so that we only now keep the last terrain revision when using the MySQL database. This should reduce asset database bloat for active terraformers (r4884).
- Melanie Milland contributed a patch that adds llRequestSimulatorData() and the dataserver event. As far as I know, the dataserver event is not yet hooked up to any LSL functions (r4899).
- Teravus Ousley added a grid user log off functionality. This can be invoked by typing ‘logoff-user <firstname> <lastname> <message>’ on the user server console.
- Kinoc contributed a patch which adds a Yield Prolog interpreter for scripts.
- fdg contributed a patch which stops avatar inventory item names getting lost on copy and paste. This should also improve the behaviour of “Save as” in the appearance editing window (r4935).