This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 10th May 2008 May 11, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until last Saturday, as culled from our source code repository logs. The changes picked out are user visible changes – most refactoring and stability revision are left out, unless they’re of particular interest. The numbers in brackets are the final svn revision numbers in which the work was completed for this week. This is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
So, this week in OpenSim ( r4519 – r4617 )
- Teravus Ousley implemented the DIE_AT_EDGE status flag for objects. He also stopped temporary objects being persisted (r4529).
- Yzh and Melanie Milland contributed patches, further enhanced by Teravus Ousley, to implement llRezObject() (r4530).
- Teravus Ousley moved scripting errors to the DEBUG_CHANNEL (r4531).
- Teravus Ousley improved llApplyImpulse() so that when an impulse is applied to an attachment, that impulse is applied to the avatar (r4535)
- Middelink contributed a patch which fixes a bug where LSL state identifiers could not contain numbers after the initial letter (r4549).
- Xantor contributed a patch to improve our implementation of llParticleSystem() to allow choosing of particle textures by inventory name as well as key (r4551).
- Kurt Taylor contributed a patch so that OpenSim can determine the current SVN build version number, as long as the root .svn/entries file is present (r4553).
- Teravous Ousley implemented llTakeControls() and llReleaseControls() (mostly) (r4572).
- Teravous Ousley made fixes to prim extra params, sculpty handling, light handling, flexi handling and corruption of prims when changing the prim type of a sculpty prim (r4580).
- Alan M Webb contributed a patch which corrects for sim time dilation in llGetTime() and llResetTime() (r4584).
- Neas Bade (sdague) fixed llTargetOmega(), along with a small patch from Michael Osias (r4585).
- Middelink contributed a patch to improve our implementation of llListen() (r4587).
- Middelink contributed a patch which partially implements llGetPrimitiveParams() (r4588 )
- Dahlia contributed a patch which fixes the physics orientation for a triangular hollow box prim (r4596).
- Melanie Milland contributed a patch which fixes int -> bool casting of LSL functions which return an integer (r4598 ).
- Melanie Milland contributed a patch to convert a string to a vector in LSL (r4599).
- Teravus Ousley added experimental proper sculpted prim collision (r4600).
- I made a small refactoring change which means that all servers can now be shutdown with the “quit” command (previously only the region server responded to this command) (r4601).
- Jed Zhu contributed optimizations and collision fixes for the BulletX physics plugin. This should now be functional (r4605).
- Michael Osias contributed a patch to stop compilation errors under Windows on integer equality comparison in LSL (r4606).
- I reverted fetch inventory back from CAPS to UDP for now – the Linden 184.108.40.206 client appears happy to use CAPS, and Linden’s 1.21 servers don’t appear to be using this CAPS service. This fixes problems with selecting a texture in the prim edit pane (r4611).