This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 3rd May 2008 May 5, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until last Saturday as culled from our source code repository logs. The numbers in brackets are svn revision numbers in case you want a little more detail. As ever, this is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable. I meant to write this up yesterday as usual, but a rare gaming session didn’t see me get home until t 3am yesterday (well, this morning).
Anyway, this week in OpenSim ( r4382 – r4518 )
- Teravus Ousley did more work on attachments. He implemented a goodly amount of inventory related attachment functionality (such as attaching and detaching from inventory) (r4384).
- We applied a patch from Melanie Milland to implement the touch_end LSL event (r4385).
- Teravus Ousley implemented 3 to 5 level undo functionality on prim position, rotation and scale (r4387).
- Patches from Dr Scofield added the ability to run OpenSim without a console, controlling it via RPC admin commands (r4390, r4400). For more details, see the opensim wiki page
- Teravus Ousley added the persistence of land sale information over region server restarts (r4422).
- Teravus Ousley made some improvements to the positioning and scaling of objects rezzed out of inventory directly onto a prim in the environment (r4438).
- We applied a patch from Xantor to implement llAngleBetween (and fix llRound to be Linden compatible) (r4440).
- Teravus Ousley made more improvements to in world prim duplication. This isn’t yet complete (r4483).
- Adam Zaius fixed a bug with the Terragen loader on loading terrains which were not sized 256 x 256 (r4516).
There was some instability during the week with executing LSL scripts, but hopefully this has been resolved by r4504.