This Week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 26th April 2008 April 27, 2008Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod.
Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until yesterday, as culled from our source code repository logs. The numbers in brackets are svn revision numbers in case you want a little more detail. As ever, this is right at the cutting edge so there is no guarantee that this functionality is stable.
This week in OpenSim development (r4283 – r4381)
- We applied a libsecondlife patch from mjm to fix prim rotation issues on linking (r4374) (mantis 556 and 557).
- Adam Zaius added some more experimental subversion region module commands, including autosave (r4298), specific revision region loading (r4287, r4285) and gzip compression support (r4304).
- We applied a patch from Mic Bowman (further extended by Teravus Ousley) to implement llUnsit() (r4310).
- Teravus Ousley implemented no script areas (r4311) and llScriptDanger() (r4312).
- We applied a patch from Kurt Taylor for llGetSunDirection() (r4330).
- Dr Scofield contributed a patch which fixes load-xml2/save-xml2 crashes when basic physics is used (r4331)
- I made a small fix which means folders created but left as “New Folder” are now properly persisted (r4334).
- Melanie Milland completed the type tables for prim inventory persistence so that it should now be possible to store any item in a prim’s inventory, including objects in addition to the existing storage of scripts, textures and sounds (r4335). In this revision she also contributed a fix for avatar animations.
- Melanie Milland added support for llRequestPermissions(), run_time_permissions() event, llGetPermissions(), llGetPermissionsKey(), llStartAnimation(), llStopAnimation() (r4336). She also added support for llDialog() (r4340), llSetPayPrice(), money(), llGiveMoney() (r4356) and llDeleteSubList(), as well as implementing support for the INVENTORY_ALL selector in ll inventory functions (r4352). Additoinally, she implement llRegionSay(), llSetPrimitiveParams() (r4377) and llListSort() (r4381).
- Melanie Milland contributed a patch which applies linear volume scaling to sounds (r4337).
- tglion contributed a patch so that new prim creation attempts obey parcel permissions (r4342). Unfortunately this check is bypassed by direct drag from inventory.
- Teravus Ousley partially implemented llSetStatus() (r4345) and fully implemented llTarget(), llTargetRemove(), at_target(), not_at_target() (r4366).
- I fixed trashcan emptying on grid and standalone modes so that all folders and items are emptied, not just those which are immediate children of the trashcan folder (r4346, r4354).
- Alan Webb contributed a patch to fix a negative indices bug on llListInsertList() (r4358).
- Teravus Ousley started work on much more extensive support for attachments. Friends can now see attachments, attachments can be positioned and rotated (though not persisted) and detached (r4359). Attachments can now also cross regions and accompany you on a teleport, as long as both regions are at or past r4373.
- I implemented a first draft of prim inventory to avatar inventory dragging. This dragging can now be done, although currently only the owner can successfully drag, even if the everyone permissions are set to “everyone can copy” (r4379). Also, this only works for new prims, not ones which were created before this revision.