This week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 21st May 2011 May 25, 2011Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSimulator 0.7.1 (released on May 4th 2011).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 901448a – bb9b317 ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- I fixed a bug where viewer 2 inventory links pointing to a missing inventory item target were generating an exception in the server (784f70f).
- I allowed inventory links to deleted even if other inventory deletion was disabled (bdd78f9).
- Kim King contributed a patch that allows LSL integers to start with a leading plus (+) sign (a2c1984).
- I implemented llGetLinkNumberOfSides() based on code from onesong (9fc29e1).
- I added Scene.GetSceneObjectGroup() methods so that scene objects can be directly retrieved via their UUID or name, rather than being forced to retrieve the root part first and then referencing that part’s scene object. This matches existing create and delete scene object calls (4b0fc4f).
- No news this week.