This week in OpenSim Dev – week ending Saturday 14th May 2011 May 18, 2011Posted by justincc in opensim, opensim-dev, opensim-news, secondlife, twiod, virtual-environments, virtual-worlds.
Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSimulator 0.7.1 (released on May 4th 2011).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 25809ca – a2f034c ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Melanie and Diva implemented compression of the data sent on avatar region transfer. If compression is not accepted by the receiving simulator, then the transfer falls back to non-compression (e9e4c00).
- Melanie added commands to delete scene objects by name, uuid, creator or owner. These are only documented by the “help” command on the region console at the moment (2b88d8f).
- E. Allen Soard contributed a core module to enforce prim limits on a given parcel – previously these were unenforced. This covers object creation, movement and duplication by the user directly, as well as rez from a script. It also takes into account the cumulative prim allowance from all parcels owned by the same avatar on the region. It does not yet cover prims that are moved by a script or temporary objects (65d5955).
- Diva fixed map tiles for Hypergrid regions seen as grey with viewer 1. This fix was also ported to the 0.7.1-dev git branch.
- I fixed viewer 2 current outfit inventory links so that they no longer break when outfits are changed. Viewer 2 outfit management now works on standalones and grids that allow regions to delete inventory links (i.e. grids where all simulators are highly trusted). However, this doesn’t yet work on OSGrid since they don’t allow link deletion – the current outfit will continue to fill up with duplicate links seen on relog. Work is ongoing (5573fcf).
- Diva fixed the handling of offline IM (e39dec6).
- Signpost Marv contributed a patch to escape XML characters in grid info fields (e.g. <, >, &). This was ported to the 0.7.1-dev branch (cb6cd37).
- Oren Hurvitz contributed a patch that fixes the loading of older OARs that did not contain region parcel information. A single region-spanning parcel owned by the estate owner is created instead. This fix was ported to the 0.7.1-dev branch (64d868f).
- tglion contributed a patch that corrects llGetParcelMaxPrims() to use the same calculations as elsewhere in OpenSim. This was ported to 0.7.1-dev (1d86079).
- No news this week.